Bridal shower and what is wrong with it…?

This is the image that came into my mind when I first time heard the term Bridal Shower. My cousin’s wedding was around the corner and he told me that his wife is having a bridal shower. So that was pretty embarrassing to me of my cousin telling my about something related to his wife taking a shower. Because I did not want to look stupid so I just googled it and realized that it is just a pre-wedding party kind of thing.
Now as I was growing older I realized how these Bridal showers are trending and everyone is doing it. But who are not doing it? The poor families! I see every rich family having bridal showers and being showered with gifts but those who truly deserve it are not getting it. Is this what Bridal Shower is?
To my knowledge or what I have read. This trend started when once the daughter of a rich man fell in love with a miller’s son and wished to marry him. Her father threatened to withhold her dowry. Despite that, she decided to take the risk to marry him and when her friends came to knew about it, they decided to bring her gifts as an alternative to dowry. Her father was so touched by this action that he approved the marriage and from then on it became a custom for the bride’s friends to shower her with gifts before the wedding.
That was some history we discussed but I think that we should hold bridal showers for those girls who belong from poor families and shower them with gifts before their wedding. It is not hard to find girls like that. Just look around in your friends, your relatives, your neighborhood and you will find them. After all, what are friends for…
Let’s bring smiles to the newlyweds and make their weddings memorable!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pakistan's First Gaming Couple on YouTube! | Tales of Actuality | Another love story

Revival of Pakistan Film Indstry

Education System or slavery System | If you are happy, you Won!